The Research Cell was established in 2011 to promote, monitor and address research activities at Christ College, Bhopal. Objective of the Cell is to monitor and administer Research programs for faculty and students and encourage them to have rational approach in their academic activities. The cell also focuses on research activities by providing the necessary infrastructural set up to faculty and students at large including reputed journals and encyclopaedia in the library, well equipped computer lab etc.
Objectives of Research Cell
- To create and promote a culture of research among the faculty and staff
- To organize various workshops/ seminars/ trainings related to promotion of research
- To enhance the research output of the institute by research paper publication in referred journals and reputed conferences
- To publish research material in appropriate media and to make available such published information to the end users.
- To keep track and record of publications made by the faculty
- To publish an ISSN/refered research journal of the college on annual basis.
- To assist institutions in improving teaching learning environment with the help of Action Research
- The institution has already submitted the file to UGC for 2f & 12b confirmation. Once the status of 2f and 12b is established, the research cell will look forward to take research projects.
Activities of the Research Cell
- Research Cell is actively involved in publication and up gradation of biannual journal named Christ Journal.
- NAAC sponsored National seminar was organized in the year 2015
- Research Cell organized several orientation programs and workshops on topics like -Research tool-its construction and standardization, data analysis and interpretation etc. for M.Ed. students, research scholars and teachers.
- Various training programs have been organized for B.Ed. students, M.Ed. Students and teachers, such as online assessment tools, conducting and managing online resources etc.
- The Cell organizes an online sessions for teachers and research scholars of Social Science specifically Education on the areas such as – Referencing styles, Citation, Use of SPSS in data analysis, Data collection tool, Preparing Research proposal and Research report, Identifying research funding agencies etc.
- The Cell is continuously working in the direction of promoting the research culture among the different stake holders.
Output of the efforts:
- The faculty members have participated and presented papers in national and international conferences.
- Faculty members have published research papers in Journals of high impact factors.
- The faculty members have published learning materials and books.
- The B.Ed. students have started showing keen interes in one of the optional papers of B.Ed. Semester 4 – “Action Research”